Friday, October 23, 2009

What Chicks do on Halloween...

Run through the desert at night with CRAZY running people!

Nikki, Renee and I (e) will be pacing ultra running chick Tammy Massie Halloween night as she runs in the Javelina Jundred. She'll be our East Coast "adopted" running Chick and we're going to pace her through the last 47-50 miles around Pemberton Trail at McDowell Mountain Park. Tammy is not a newbie to this ultra running stuff. Check out her blog "Life on the Run" and you'll wonder when she is NOT running. In fact, she'll be doing the Marine Corp Marathon this weekend as a warm-up for the Javelina Jundred.

I'm contemplating doing an ultra event next year, so this will be a good experience for me to see what it's all about. My full report and photos of this desert adventure to follow after.

1 comment:

  1. You gals are the BEST!

    I am so excited to have you all as my pacers...less than 1 week to go. Time to get cramming (or is it packing?)

    I know we all will have an amazing time and hope I can show you how much fun an ultra is.

    ReplyDelete