Monday, June 22, 2009

It's THAT Time Again...


It's kind of a cruel joke that the hottest days of the summer are in front of me and it's now time to start week 24 of marathon training. Yikes! I've crowded the club calendar with TMT dates (Tucson Marathon Training) just in case other RC3 chicks want to join me on a training run (or better yet in the marathon). Kim has also made the calendar more impressive by adding T1/2M (Tucson Half Marathon) training dates.

I'm a combination of nervous and excited about the challenge ahead of me in training for my second Tucson marathon. Last year my goal was to finish. This year I'm hoping for a PR. In order to do that, I've decided to try a different training schedule. I've opted for the Hal Higdon Novice 3 schedule which puts my training into 3 days during the week with an earlier start date (by 4 weeks). I end up doing three 20+ milers. That should toughen up my mental fortitude for sure!

Best wishes to those who are starting their own personal "marathons". Stay hydrated, focused and remember it's about the journey.

1 comment:

  1. I know that you'll do great! Looking forward to sharing part of that journey with you & the rest of the Chicks :-)

    ReplyDelete