Thursday, June 25, 2009

First Morning Track Workout

Very nice morning on our first track workout at Cactus Shadows High School. It's quite pretty because you get a nice view of Black Mountain. I forgot my camera but I have a reminder set up to put it in my car for next Thursday.

I think we all enjoyed the change of pace. This morning Bridget, Tamara, Kim, Christina, Jamee and I (e) did a couple laps warm up (half mile) and then did 400 meter repeats (a fast lap and then a recovery lap x 4 times). Then we did a half mile or more for a cool down. I polled everyone afterwards and they all agreed they would like to continue a track run on Thursdays for the Summer.

Since this is going to be a regular gig, I'm going to do some research and offer up different track workouts for beginner and intermediate prior to the next track run. As we progress with training for events, I'll work on a stamina building advanced workouts. There's a ton of resources for this and many correlate with tempo runs on my marathon training session. I'd also like to see if we can't get a couple coached sessions with a local coach that could talk about running form and provide tips on how we can build speed and run more efficiently for better endurance.

If you overslept and missed the workout this morning (Syndie) or couldn't make it—you will have an opportunity to try a track morning next Thursday. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be there next time for sure!! Ah...the joys of sleeping in...warm & cozy in my bed. However, I really missed the feeling of doing something good for my body & am regretting my moment of weakness earlier...LOL! See ya'll soon -

    ReplyDelete